What Is 3D Product Rendering | Uses, Users & Benefits
Everything to Know About 3D Product Rendering
Manufacturers have been continuously looking for the best ways to turn their visions into reality, even though it wasn’t always easy. But since the inception of 3D product rendering, things have tremendously changed – not only for manufacturers but also for marketers.
There’s no denying that this cutting-edge technology has transformed the way manufacturers produce their products as well as the way these products are later marketed to consumers. If you don’t know much about 3D product rendering, fret not. In this guide, XYZ Creative Group shares everything you need to know about this incredible technology.
What Is 3D Product Rendering?
3D product rendering is also called 3D product visualization. Put simply; it’s a process of creating photorealistic or non-photorealistic imaginings with a 3D model(s) using specialized computer software. The resulting outcome is known as a “3D Render.”
The 3D product rendering process entails multiple steps that involve both creative and technical aspects. Below we’ve outlined a simply 3D product rendering process:
Step #1: Modeling – With the help of 3D modelling software, a mathematical representation of an object in three dimensions is created. The resulting outcome is known as a “3D Model.”
Step #2: Texturing – The process of applying CG textures to 3D objects.
Step #3: Lighting – Building a lighting scheme and positioning light sources.
Step #4: Camera Setting –Setting camera views for optimal results.
Step #5: Rendering – Converting 3D scenes and models into 2D images with specialized software.
Step #6: Post-Production – Adding visual effects and editing the rendering with editing programs.
Who Is It For?
Here are some of the leading users of 3D product rendering:
Product Manufacturers – 3D rendering is used throughout the project, commencing with concept development and culminating with marketing materials.
Online Platforms – Many online platforms require 3D models from vendors to showcase the product in AR or create 3D renders for them.
Architects and Interior Designers – Both use 3D rendering to turn a client’s vision into reality before the actual work begins.
Marketing Agencies – With 3D product rendering, marketers save time by receiving product visuals before it is actually manufactured; moreover, it also provides unlimited creative opportunities.
Uses of 3D Product Rendering
Here are some of the many ways you can use 3D product rendering:
- CG images can help product manufacturers visualize and approve the final version of a product design idea.
- It’s an excellent way to showcase products for visual merchandising.
- Allows marketers and manufacturers to estimate the reaction of the target audience before a product is launched or manufactured to predict its success or failure.
- 3D renderings can be used for print collateral and look extraordinary in print catalogs, brochures, flyers, etc.
Benefits of 3D Product Rendering
Here are some of the leading benefits of 3D product rendering:
- Offers greater choice and ease of modification
- Usually cheaper than product photography
- Provides the opportunity to develop motion graphics and animations
- Reduces both times as well as costs
- Helps determine whether a product will work in the market or not
- Provides a 3D model of a product before manufacturing begins.
If you have any other questions related to 3D product rendering, feel free to give us a call at 305.283.9735 or get in touch at email@example.com.